Sunday, July 20, 2008

Errands, errands, errands

What a week! The beginning of the week was pretty standard. Wednesday we went to meet Noah's 1st grade teacher. He likes her and is excited about the kids he knows in his class. His bestest buddy from last year is in his class AND is sitting beside him! He said, "Awesome!" Also, the girl sitting across from him was in his class last year and told him all year that she loves him. We'll see how that goes. :-) That night I went to a bridal shower for my bestest friend's son's fiance. It was so great seeing a lot of people I haven't seen in a while since moving to .
Thursday we had a meeting with our financial planner (if anyone is looking for one, lemme know! He's fantastic!) and that night went to an open house at Noah's school. Friday Noah got his cast off! He was excited that morning saying, "Now I can use my right hand to hold a spoon while eating my cereal. I can use my right hand to use the mouse when playing on the computer!" He did great! When he got his previous 2 casts off he was pretty scared b/c the machine they use is LOUD. His arm looks so tiny b/c of wearing the cast, but the doctor said it would plump back up in a couple of months. His wrist is pretty stiff, so we go back in 3 weeks to check it out. I guess I'd better plan to be there all morning (see previous post). Noah is scared about using his arm, so he's still using his left. He'll work up to using his other hand. That afternoon I gave Noah a bath and let that hand soak. His fingers have been so sensitive since getting the cast (nerves waking up), so it's been hard to really clean his hand, under the cast, and his fingernails. He soaked in the tub for a good 40 minutes and it looks MUCH better! Friday night I had a girls nite out with my Dancing Queens! We celebrated Sonya's birthday by going out to eat and then seeing Mamma Mia! We saw the play last fall and were excited to see the movie. The music was good, but Pierce Brosnon can NOT sing. It was hard watching the guy I know as James Bond "sing". Whenever he sang the audience cracked up. I'm not sure that was the intended response while making the movie, but his singing was ick. So wonderful being out with my girls. Love you guys!
Saturday was busy running errands getting Noah ready for school. We went to get him some burgundy shirts (his school has a dress code). He can wear white and navy blue shirts bought anywhere, but the burgundy ones have to be a specific burgundy color, (read = expensive) so you can only get them from 3 places. Long story about that, but let's just say it took most of the day. Saturday night, my WONDERFUL sister-in-law, Heather, did my hair for me. She gave me 2 colors of highlights and a haircut. Besides spending time with her and feeling pampered, her sweet Matthew came into the room where we were and gave me a big hug and kiss before he went to bed! He is Noah's age and we've pretty much been on a "high five" basis with occasional hugs thrown in. What a great feeling!
Sunday was pretty typical with 2 fun things happening. First, I got to see my adorable 10 month old niece, Sylvie, take several steps! Last time I saw her she was taking 1-2 steps. Stop growing up so fast, Sylvie! Next, my sister, Kelly, called me from (she lives there) and we had a great conversation. I love her and miss her greatly.
Tomorrow my Noah starts 1st grade. I'm excited for him, but not excited to be getting up early. Hope everyone has a wonderful week!

No comments: