Friday, August 1, 2008

Memory Blog

Ok, I'm blog-stealing from my sister-in-law, Christy. I'm a little worried about adding this b/c I think "what if no one posts? I'll look like a loser w/no friends!"
So, please alleviate my worries and post! Mucho thanks-o!

Memory Blog

1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!
2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you.
I think it will be pretty fun to see the responses.

9 comments:

Christy said...

No worries, my blog says I've had a hundred visitors and only 4 memories have been left!! Anywhoo.....

One of my wonderful memories of you is how when Ryan and I were dating you came to Dade's baptism. I was so touched that you were there! You really have always made me feel such a welcome part of this family. Thanks! I LOVE YOU!!!

Our Crazy Happy Family said...

Okay so I don't have a memory for you but I wanted to resopond to your comment you left about Lily. Thank you so much for that and I certainly know who you are because you and your family are usually a few rows up from us :) Feel free to add my blog to your list
-Krissi

the Mah said...

Wow, we have a lot of memories! I will do ancient history...when you were Colton's Primary teacher, you had a party for your class and sent the invitation with all this confetti in it, and I thought, what a cool thing to do! Then you introduced yourself to me in the hallway next to the bulletin board, I thought you were so wonderfully genuine. I was so thankful you were Colt's teacher, and I am really thankful you are my friend!

And then there is Scott's birthday party.
DO NOT PANIC! EVERYONE,DO NOT PANIC!!!

Jamie said...

Some of my favorite memories are: Talking at the kitchen table. Going to see Momma Mia (with your fantastic Dancing Queens). You always seem to call when I need it most (and make me dinner and lunch) and give me the best hugs. I am so happy to have you as a sister. I am so glad I get to live near you and build a wonderful relationship.

mannkaren said...

Let's see...a memory. Well there's a lot of them from growing up and visiting you in North Carolina...going to the local pool, hanging out in your house, etc. Do you remember that picture of all the cousins lined up outside my parents place when we were little? Many years later those crazy parents of ours made us all line up in the same order and with the same stances and take a picture again! Good times! You are a great mom, wife and cousin!!!

MJ said...

Erin, as difficult as it would be for you to pick out one specific favorite memory of us, it is just as hard for me (sitting in a YAWNFEST, I mean, VoIP class on a Friday morning, after getting 5 hrs of sleep doesn't help the cause either).
Anyway, I will just name some of my favorite things to do with you: chatting about the losers (or Mormons) that I date (aahhhh...I just LOVE the Mormon, btw....), baby names that suck, my imaginary disco-themed wedding reception (also a big topic between Jamie and me when we talk about getting hitched ;), the kids, scrapbooking (HAHA - anyway), and the Vanessas. I just love how you are SUCH a great listener and you give great advice, which is why I call you almost on the daily b/c "let's see what Erin thinks about this..."
My gays are right: you have a soothing voice and you're awesome at making me feel better about my pathetic little life, and that is what this one big run on sentence wants you to know :) As Carlos would say, "Princess, your sister Erin is JUST LUVVVVVLAYYYYY"

P.S. "Noah, you can either go to Chic-Fil-A or you can choose to go to hell. Your choice."

Erin said...

For all of you who read Meg's comment about Noah choosing Chick-fi-A....it's an inside joke. I just don't want people thinking I tell my kids that they choose something or go to hell. :-)

Unknown said...

Erin, Im concerned that one person commented on how genuine you are, yet you completely deny the chic fila or hell choice. Not that I'VE heard you say that...well its just so YOU! Just kidding. I have no memories of my childhood with you guys. Except when we went to Long Beach (or somewhere), and Megan was a total brat, and we totally fooled our parents and met up with these guys on the pier...oops think that was a dream. OR WAS IT!!?? (raised eyebrows here)

Erin said...

No, Christine...it wasn't a dream. We THOUGHT we were fooling our parents. We told the guys we'd meet them at the pier and then told our parents we were going to the pier to shop. About 10 minutes later our parents showed up at the pier telling us they wanted to look at the 1/2 off t-shirts! They TOTALLY knew!!